So comforting on cold days and super easy to make! Ingredients can be added or removed per your tastes. Whatever is in the fridge will work! (If you add mushrooms, though, put them in last. They shrivel up pretty quickly.)
2 c orange juice
2 c chicken/vegetable stock
2 packages soba noodles
1 red/green/yellow pepper, sliced
1 carrot, shredded
1/2 cabbage, shredded
1/2 onion, sliced
12-16 shrimp, shelled
2 ts soy sauce
1 tb ginger, grated
1 tb hot sauce (*less if you don’t like things too spicy)
1. Bring orange juice and broth to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add grated ginger and vegetables. Cook 2 minutes.
3. Add soy, juice of one lime and hot sauce. Taste and adjust if necessary. If it’s too spicy, add a little more oj.
4. Toss in shrimp and noodles. Cook 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and slurp away!