Mango, Cranberry & Pecan Salad w/ Honey Mustard Dressing
Honestly, the best and most crowd-pleasing salad I have made. Borrowed from the Bite Me cookbook, which I can’t recommend highly enough!! Please note that the recipe calls for 4 cups of pecans; however, the salad does not actually need that much. Save the leftovers for a ridiculously addictive snack.
4c pecan halves
1 large egg white
1 tb water
1 c sugar
1 ts cinnamon
1 ts salt
1/4 c canola oil
1/4 c seed mustard
1/4 c honey mustard
1/4 c honey
1/4 c rice wine vinegar
2 tb orange juice
1 – 2 ts salt
10 c romaine lettuce or mixed greens
2 mangoes, diced
1/2 c dried cranberries
1. Preheat your oven to 250F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick spray.
2. In a bowl, whisk the egg white and water until bubbles form. In a larger bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, salt and pecans. Add this mix to the egg white and water, coating all the pecans thoroughly. Spread the pecans in a single layer on the sheet and bake for one hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, peel and dice your juicy, juicy mangoes and toss with the cranberries and lettuce.
4. Mix the ingredients for the dressing together.
5. Add roughly half of the pecans to the salad, along with the dressing. Proceed to snarfle it down…and you will.