Coconut-Crusted Salmon w/ Pineapple Salsa
This was my first foray into making a fish dish. I was nervous a little nervous – no one wants an overcooked fish! – but the recipe turned out to be foolproof. I’ve made it dozens of times since and it never fails to please!
2 pieces of skinless, boneless salmon
1 ts salt
1 ts pepper
1/3 c shredded coconut
1 c chopped pineapple
2 tb extra virgin olive oil
1/2 small red onion, diced
1/4c chopped cilantro
salt & pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the salmon. In a bowl, pour out the coconut and coat the salmon.
3. Line a tray with foil, place the fish on the tray and pop it into the oven for 13 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine the pineapple, cilantro, onion, oil, juice of the lime and salt & pepper in a bowl. Mix and taste – you may feel it needs more salt, pepper or lime juice depending on your preference.
5. Remove the fish from the oven and plate. Top with the salsa and devour!